First aid tips for pet owners need to know some baisc first aid tips
to help keep pets safe and healthy.
- If you suspect the pet has ingested poison, do not attempt mouth to
snout resuscitation as you may become contaminated yourself.
- if you suspect poisoning, seek care immediately.
- if possible have the following information available Species, breed,
age, sex, weight and number of animals involved symptoms so they can
take immediate action.
- If you cannot get to the vet immediately, are waiting for ride, or are
stranded, you can call either of emergency hospital near by you
- Use caution – a choking pet is more likely to bite in its panic.
- if pets choking, leave them to it, if they are able to cough then hold
the upper jaw open with one hand and look for a foreign object.
- if the pet can still breathe, keep it calm and get it to a
- The most important thing to do is to protect your pet from self-
injury. do not place your fingers or any object in your ptes mouth.
- Keep your pet away from any objects (including furniture) that might
hurt it. Do not try to restrain the pet.
- Time the seizure (they usually last 2-3 minutes).
- after the seizure has stopped, keep your pet as warm and quiet as
possible and contact your veterinarian.
- Place pressure with gauze or a clean cloth to stop bleeding.
- if there is debris, flush the wound with saline or clean water
- If possible, have another person call the veterinarian while you
help your pet.